Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Round One in the Books


#18 on LPGA Int'l Legends Course

Michaela and I on Daytona Beach

Chad and I in front of the sports medicine trailer

Welp, it's official. Round one of the LPGA Final Stage Q School is in the books. I've been here since Friday and played 4 practice rounds with my friend Michaela Cavener. The tournament is being played on two different courses so we had to use that many days to chart out the holes. I'll be honest, I have a horrible memory and sometimes won't remember certain holes until I walk up on the tee box. I guess that's a good thing, I won't be fearful of any shots while I'm back at my hotel thinking about golf....not to say I'm ever fearful. I have Chad Lamb, a past Greens CC assistant pro and now the head pro of Rose Creek in Edmond, caddying for me this week. I've known him for over 12 years now and we have played countless rounds together. He knows my game and in the 18 holes we had today, he learned even more. My advantage over others is distance but sometimes I don't trust it and will take more club to account for miss hits. Well, I guess I need to realize I'm a pro now and really don't have huge miss hits anymore. I'm going to do a better job tomorrow with it, that's for sure! We had a blast out there today even though I threw away shots here and there. Random thought but for those who play golf, do ya'll ever get songs in your head while you're out playing? I sure do. Today's songs were "Empire State of Mind" and "Run This Town" by Jay Z and I hate to admit it but "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga. I'll be sure and change up the songs tomorrow. I've got tendinitis in both ankles but they are going to hold up for me this week. Ice ice and more ice. I am so excited because our hotel has a lit basketball court so we were able to play "2 bounce" tonight. It's a Mike Dye original, one of my favorite basketball games...one that won't kill my body. We let my dad feel good about himself and win 4 of the 5 games but we will definitely have a rematch tomorrow night. I tee off early in the morning so I'm going to get in bed. I have good feelings about tomorrows round and am keeping my head held high even though todays round wasn't what I wanted. It's all a learning experience, I'm giving it my all, but know that the goal is to get better each and everyday. Thanks for everyone's support. I couldn't do it without you guys!

What I'm Reading: "I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell" ...I don't recommend this book but if you want a raunchy, raunchy read, this is it.
What I'm Listening To: "Play On" Carrie Underwood

No comments:

Post a Comment