Monday, September 20, 2010

Headed to Daytona!

Welp, most of you all know the good news but we finally did it! I qualified for the Final Stage of LPGA Q School! It was a great week of good, consistent golf. I haven’t been playing my best golf lately and a few months ago was contemplating not even trying to qualify but I had a some people who mean a great deal to me tell me that I should always give it a try. Thankfully, I took their advice and qualified out of the first sectional with 8 shots to spare before worrying about the cut line. I shot 73-69-71-72. When we reached the 72nd green, my caddy Paulie said “alright, you can ten putt this and still be okay.” He was kidding of course and I said “heck no let’s make it!” Paulie has been a huge asset to my golf game in the past few months. It was weird how we were matched up but I am so thankful that he has taken me on to work with. We have such a great time out there together and I feel like we compliment each other well. During my second round, I almost holed out for eagle. I couldn’t see the pin, only Paulie could. He didn’t make any kind of reaction and when I asked him where it went he said, “it lipped out, you have an inch putt now. Good shot.” Well geez Paulie thanks so much! Ha! He really cracks me up out on the golf course. The things we say to each other are thankfully not microphoned or else we’d be receiving huge fines or having reality television shows wanting us.

It’s such a huge relief that I don’t have to go to Venice, FL this coming weekend to try to qualify again for Final Stage so instead I’m switching my flight and going down to Miami, FL to see my best friend Caitlan and to get a little rest in. She lives on the beach and it seems like a really tough life down there so I need to go cheer her up. Ha! I will find some nice courses to go rate for Golf Digest and actually have a vacation.

I will be playing in the Arizona Womens Open in October and a Suncoast event in Florida leading up to the Final Stage of Q School but other than that, I will just be playing here and there and hopefully find some good competition along the way.

I really appreciate everyone’s support and I know that this is not an individual sport, especially at the professional level. There are so many crucial players in my life that affect my golf game in a positive way. Can’t do it without ya’ll!!!

1 comment:

  1. yeah kendall - congrats - now lets help out you sister lucy :)

    Pfaff Family and Your Dog Koda

    ReplyDelete