Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Meheeecooo!!!



Holy Moly! I have never been so close to missing a plane as I was just a second ago! I’m currently on a flight from Houston to Phoenix but I have no idea how I made it! We took off late in Puerto Vallarta and had 45 minutes in Houston to make it through immigration, customs, security, and the longest walk of my life to my gate. Hallelujah!

I now have some time to write about my past week in Me-he-co!!! It was AWESOME! It was a relaxing week to say the least and much needed, especially after a crappy last week in Daytona Beach. I had my own room and read through 2 books and started working on a third…that was halted because someone dumped it in the pool and stole my towel while I was busy playing in the pool with a friend. I look like a fool reading it on the plane with the pages all damp and crinkled but it’s a good read so I’m gonna deal with it.



I believe everything happens for a reason and even though I thought last week in Daytona Beach was the worst week of my life, I believe it served a bigger purpose. When I left there, I felt like I had my back up against the wall, behind the eight ball, you name it, I just couldn’t see why some not so ideal things happened to me. However, once I got to Mexico, checked in to my room, spent some time under the sun near a pool, watching people enjoy their vacations I realized that I absolutely love what I do. There have been days when I didn’t feel that way. I get the opportunity to travel with my good friends around the country, and sometimes out of the country to places where people take their vacations and play golf for a living. Yes, right now the money is not great but if it’s in God’s plans, I might be playing for more money in the future. There have been days when I wonder if I have it in me to go low, keep it low, and for consecutive days in order to win a competitive golf tournament. Last week when I spent my weekend watching other girls play in the golf tournament that I was supposed to play in, it hit me square in the face. I love what I do. I love to compete. I feel like I can win on any given weekend even though I have not done so yet. It put so much fuel in my fire when I was watching girls play who don’t hit it as far as me, don’t make as smart of decisions as me, and don’t think like I do out there on a golf course. I looked at this tournament as 54 opportunities to make birdie and sometimes eagle. I can honestly say in the past I did not view every round that way. I was excited to get my putter in my hands, to walk on the green and believe that every single putt was going in, no matter the distance. Now I know confidence waivers like the sea but if I can continue this mentality and revert back to it on days when I’m not feeling so hot about my game, it will keep me grinding away.



I played much better than I scored, made more putts than I’ve made in a long time, and feel good about where things are headed. We have two weeks off until we play in San Antonio, TX. It’s a great track and I want revenge on it since I made poor decisions playing it last year. This will be the first time my folks will see me play live this year so I want to make them proud and show them that my hard work is paying off. Thanks for the great support and love everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment