Monday, March 22, 2010

Florida's Natural Charity Classic in the Books!

Boy I sure am glad that I decided to wait until today to write on my blog instead of late last night. I got to the airport with plenty of time to spare this morning. People warned me to get to the airport earlier than normal since I’m flying out of the country. I think checking in and going through security went faster than a normal flight because I’ve been chilling in Orlando’s terminal for quite some time now. I was able to watch Tiger’s interviews from yesterday and I must say that I liked Kelly Tilghman’s much better. Check out the interviews if you haven’t seen them. Tiger looked a little paler than normal…

Welp, let me do a quick update for everyone and then I’ll be on my way to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for the next week.

Friday’s first round began with a shaky start that I couldn’t seem to get rid of. The atmosphere was pretty awesome, stands, flags, tents, and people everywhere! It was a zoo! I wasn’t really expecting it and waiting around until 2:30pm to tee off was another factor that I wasn’t used to for a tournament round. I tried to relax all morning by watching ESPN and catching up on all the March Madness but I just kept thinking about golf shots and I was tired of waiting around. The weather was absolutely perfect and we finished just before dark. I was 6 over on par 5s, had 4 penalty strokes and shot 7 over. Not what I wanted to start out the Duramed Futures Tour season with. I knew that I needed to get back to my normal self and do some work on Saturday morning. The second round was another day of beautiful weather and I was able to change it around by going 2 under on the par 5s and ended up shooting 3 under overall. 79-69. In less than 15 hours in between rounds. Funny how golf is huh? People thought it was pretty funny so they got a few interviews from me and I went on my merry way back to my host housing and relaxed for the rest of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiCYMC_XUwk

Yesterday (Sunday) we had an early teetime in hopes of getting finished before the storm hit. I had a nice chip in on my 3rd hole but found some trouble again on some holes that just don’t set up nicely to my eye. I came back on the final 9 by making some long birdie putts and just tried to get it back to even for a not so stellar round. I was standing on my last hole, 66 yards out, when they blew the siren for all of us to come in. The skies were crackling above us and it was getting a little dangerous. Thankfully we were right in front of the clubhouse so we didn’t get poured on like the rest of the field who made the cut. We watched as it poured and poured and after a few hours of waiting, they called the entire final round off. It’s really disappointing for a lot of girls because it was moving day for ones who were playing good in the poor weather. I really felt bad for the girls around the lead because people were dropping and people were moving up so they had to go back to who was leading before the final round in order for a sudden death playoff. I ended up getting a decent paycheck on top of a closest to the pin check from Friday’s round. It was a cheap trip so hopefully I made a little money overall! Phil did a wonderful job caddying for me and is now headed to play in the Monday qualifier for the Nationwide Tour event down in Lafayette, LA this morning on 0 sleep. Crazy guy but I'm thankful for him!

I headed up to Orlando with my friend and her family for some dinner at Downtown Disney and then retreated to a nearby hotel to get some sleep in a nice, big bed! I woke up early this morning and am getting excited to meet my mom in Houston’s airport as we make our way down to Puerto Vallarta. My dad gets in on Wednesday and so I’ll have both parents there this week. We play Friday-Sunday once again, making the cut to play on Sunday. Live scoring will be found on futurestour.com I don’t know how I’m going to make it without my phone for a week but I’m praying that the resort will show March Madness games! I’ll do my best to update and get a tan for everyone. My only means of contact will be email so holler at me whenever! I hope everyone is getting warmer weather wherever you are and thanks for much for staying up-to-date with me!

1 comment:

  1. Play great in Mexico and have fun doing it. From your videos, etc. the having fun part isn't hard. I will be checking you out later this week. Melanie

    ReplyDelete