Friday, July 2, 2010

Keennntucckkyy!!

Alright. One round down. One round where I felt like I grew as a player. I didn’t score as well as I would have liked but my mind scored well under par. I’ve been doing a lot of analyzing of my game and figuring out why I haven’t been scoring the way I should be. I was a happier person out there today and I got more into the process of my game rather than focusing so narrowly and critically of results. Putts didn’t fall like I wanted them to but I realized early on that I can make the best stroke on those greens and sometimes they just won’t fall. The speed of the greens this week are slow, slow, and more slow. They are bumpy, especially in the afternoons but that’s just the way it goes sometimes. I have my good friend Phil on the bag and he helped me stay positive and we were able to talk out shots and lines. I wish I could afford him to be on the bag every week. He teaches me a lot about this sport and it’s nice to have a guy around! I’m getting sick of seeing females so much!



I was paired to play with my close friend Lucy Nunn today so we had a little fun trash talking each other. We’d get mad at each other if one outdrove the other and we had some bets going on towards the end of the round. I’m caddying for her in the US Open next week so it was good to see her game up close and personal in a competitive setting before next week’s huge tournament. I have a feeling I can help her and if the tv decides to show us, she’ll have a smile on her face because I’m good at getting people relaxed and their mind’s off of golf….is that a good thing? Probably not for a major championship. Oh well!




Stuck one close, only because a Dairy Queen dipped cone was riding on a birdie-birdie finish.

I have another late tee time tomorrow afternoon so I’m planning on getting some good sleep tonight and enjoying another beautiful day out in the sticks of Kentucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment