Friday, July 2, 2010

Pullover! No It's a Cardigan But Thanks for Noticing

Normally I just forget to update the blog but this time it was on purpose that I didn’t post. It’s been a rough couple of weeks and I was not my normal self mentally. I was full of negative thoughts and wasn’t happy about my game and what I was doing and how I was thinking. For the second straight week in a row, I missed the cut by 1 shot. In Illinois, my most recent tournament I shot 69-73. The first round I had 3 three putts so it wasn’t the most perfect round. The second round I played pretty solid for the first nine and turned at even par. I began to have weird “what if” thoughts and it got in the way with my game, which caused me to have five consecutive bogeys with one late birdie, but missed playing the weekend by one single shot.



My mom and I loaded up and drove 10 hours home last Saturday. I got pulled over by a rookie cop in the middle of nowhere Missouri…I was going 83 in a 70 and the conversation with the state trooper ended with him saying “sorry” and “you guys can go now if you want.” Haha bless his heart. We laughed all the way home. He won’t make it very long in that profession. I think I was older than him and outweighed him by a few.

I was able to spend Sunday with my dad and family for Father’s Day which was nice. I saw my head pro Brent Cryer a few times throughout the week and played with some friends and members at The Greens in Oklahoma City.


My best friends

I also forecaddied for three days at Gaillardia Country Club for their member guest tournament. My guys didn’t play very well but taught me a few lessons. They weren’t breaking 100 yet they maintained a confidence that they could still make putts, even though they weren’t. Also, I had a confidence in them that they could pull off any shot and a slight mishit was still all right. This taught me to open my eyes up and see that the tiniest mishit I make or a small mistake I make is nothing to fret over. I still have to go find the ball and hit the next shot.


My awesome group I caddied for

My mom and I flew out to Lexington, Kentucky this past Monday to see her best friend of 40 years. They haven’t seen each other in over 25 years so it was neat to see them together. We had dinner with her friend’s family and then stayed the night in Lexington. We got up Tuesday morning and made the quick trip down to London, Kentucky to register and play 9 holes for a short day of practice.

This town is another small town with not much going. Lucy and I have played 2 hours of tennis, I’ve seen a chiropractor and horse masseuse, have seen two movies, and I’d have to say that’s about it. The people here talk so funny. If people who know me think I have an accent, they haven’t seen anything til they come here!

My friend Phillip Bryan, men’s assistant golf coach at Louisville, is coming down to caddy for me starting tomorrow. I hope that he can bring me positive thoughts for the weekend. I’m paired up with Lucy tomorrow afternoon…I just can’t get rid of her! I’m caddying for her in the US Women’s Open next week in Oakmont, PA so we are spending a lot of time together, not to mention traveling and staying together in Connecticut the following week. You can follow live scoring on futurestour.com. Have a great 4th of July weekend everybody!!!

2 comments:

  1. i see you are caddying at oakmont for the us women's open. i played there a few weeks ago. 2nd time i played it. best course of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you loads of virtual positive energy and thoughts. Hope you are feeling better these days. I know how easy it is to get down when it seems that everything is going wrong and wronger! But you are one strong chicky and have the love and support of family, loyal fans and subjects so hang in there, baby. It is going to get better real soon.

    ReplyDelete