Monday, August 16, 2010

Rainin' in Richmond

I am apparently on my way home. I don’t even know where home is anymore!!! I’ve been gone from Oklahoma for so long that my dog isn’t even going to recognize me. I’m just glad she’s still breathing (as far as I know.)

I’ve been in Richmond, VA the past week and a hot and humid one it was! We were rained on for many of the days and I felt like I was sweating like Shaq on a basketball court. I played with some nice girls that I’ve never met before and once again, my caddy and I had a blast out there. It makes things much more enjoyable when you have someone consistently out there that you can laugh and get your mind off of golf. I hope that we will never be mic’d up on anything because we are the most inappropriate team out there. People who know me know I enjoy the dirty jokes, inappropriate stories, etc. so that’s why if anyone sees me laughing on the course, it’s probably a reaction to what Paulie said.

Our first round started off well with a few birdies out of the gate. I found a few bogeys throughout the day and finished the round with a bogey on 18 to finish one over. That bogey left a sour taste in my mouth but I knew I had work to do on Saturday if I wanted to make a check. Saturday afternoon was another solid start and found back-to-back birdies to get myself -1 for the tournament. I had one dumb bogey on a par 5 but that was it for the entire day. We finished the second round at -2 for the tournament sitting 4 back of the leaders and in 17th place. Sunday rolled around and I had the start I was not wanting. I flared a par 3 tee shot a little to the right and nailed the cart path, sending the ball in the air over pine trees and out of bounds. I walked away with triple and knew I had tons of work to do over the next 16 holes. Life wasn’t going to be easy for me if I wanted to make a decent check. I found one more dumb bogey on #8 but made birdies on #11, #12, and #14 to get more score back to +1 for the day, -1 for the tournament. I finished my last three holes like an idiot and finished the tournament at +2. I was not a happy camper. I proud myself on how I react to bad luck and poor golf shots but the last three holes really ate at me and I showed it outwardly, so my mom claims. She’s a bit hard on me so I’m sure it was not that bad but I learned a lesson that I need to finish stronger and remind myself that there are little kids watching me and looking up to me. I hate it when my brother or whoever else has a temper on the golf course so I need to grow up and realize I’m responsible for my actions, both golf and personally, and to accept the outcome no matter what.

Another cut made so I can say the past 4 tournaments have been a great success with my new caddy Paulie. It’s looking like I won’t have to go back to Futures Tour Q School in November…meaning another week and a half at home not traveling and more money in my pocket. Yay!!!

Paulie will be caddying for me at LPGA Q School in September so that’s one relief I have. Home for two weeks then back out to Albany, NY for the last tournament of Futures Tour. Both of my parents will be there and I’m excited for my dad to see my improvements from the year. We are going to NYC afterwards to enjoy a mini vacay. My dad has never been so I’m excited for him to go.
Boarding the plane! Thanks for all the encouragement. I know I’m growing and getting better, good things are to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment