Friday, April 30, 2010

Little Mexico



Oh man, oh man, I’m still not very happy about the way I finished my round tonight. Do any of ya’ll ever get so angry about something you feel like you can break anything, like a steel putter shaft? That’s how I felt about two hours ago as I walked off the 18th green.

Today was the first round of the Texas Hill Country Classic and I got off to a good start. It was hotter than Hades but I got a nice tan, too bad I couldn’t have finished better. I was one under through 13 holes and walked off with a nice 76. Not happy about that but the only thing I can do is look forward to tomorrow morning and try my best and see what happens.

My mom and I drove down to San Antonio on Monday morning and we made it in record time…I hit 85 a time or two. We checked in to the hotel and immediately went down to the River Walk. We had dinner, walked around, and then realized we were in the wrong part of town so we got out of there pretty quickly.



Tuesday morning I had my first practice round with Lucy Nunn and it took forever! The course is great, no hole is the same but it’s in great shape and requires you to think and stay patient. George Strait lives out there and I asked him on Twitter to caddy for me but he never responded. I won’t be buying any more of his music now. Ha!

Wednesday was a day off from the tournament course because they had a pro am all day so my mom and I were planning on going to Sea World. I found out on Tuesday night that Sea World is closed during the weekdays in April! I was so bummed but instead I went to play and rate the Palmer Course at La Cantera. My mom rode around with me and took pictures. I played the entire round in two and a half hours and had to wait on guys. That’s my favorite way to play!


My mom getting ready to knock it close on a par 3

I spent Thursday morning playing another practice round at The Dominion Country Club with Lucy, fellow Sooner Izzy Beisiegel, and Jane Rah. Thankfully it went a little faster and I was out of there by the early afternoon. Lucy and I made a deal with each other back a few weeks ago that we would do something we've never done before. I ordered a Nike golf dress a while back and she has never worn a skort to play golf in so we decided to pull it all out in a practice round this week. Here's proof we actually did it:







I was outdriven all day long so I won't be wearing that dress anytime soon.

My dad flew in and so we went as a family to the San Antonio Zoo. My dad is a little boy and enjoys that sort of thing, so do I, so it was a good time! I loved the hippos more than anything, this is why…





I didn’t tee off til 2 this afternoon so I got to sleep in and was a happy girl because of it! I hit the ball so well today so hopefully I can take that into tomorrow and play a little smarter on the greens. I’m the first group off in the morning, in a twosome so maybe we’ll be done by noon! That’d be nice! Holler at cha’ll tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. April 12, 2010


    Dear Kendall,

    My name is Jeff Snyder and I carried your leaderboard on the back nine at the Daytona Beach Invitational on Sunday. I would like to first apologize for the way your clubs were handled by your cart driver – I know it was frustrating for you more than once. Having been a scorer/cart driver for two other groups on Friday and Saturday, I know it was not up to your expectations.

    I would like to offer you some unsolicited observations and advice, which you can take or leave, about your round Sunday. You are a talented player who has the skills to be successful on the L.P.G.A. tour soon but in my opinion, you were “fast-walked” right out of contention Sunday.

    Here is what I mean. Through the first 11-12 holes your threesome walked together at a leisurely pace, but as Hannah and Jessica faltered a bit, they began to walk faster and faster between shots and then walk in front of you as you each approached your next shot. They and their caddies then stood just in your line of sight as you prepared to hit and did their pre-shot routine. I was the cart driver/scorer with Jessica Korda’s group on Saturday and actually saw her do the same thing to Erica Moston on the 18th hole and it cost her a shot as well.

    From 12 on, you all began to walk faster and faster – I am 6-5 and I was hustling to keep up with your gait. Then your pre-shot routine - checking the wind, etc., got faster and faster, which in turn, speeded up your swing tempo until you were off just enough to cause errors. It was subtle but it was obvious to me as an observer.

    I do not know if it was deliberate on their part, or just the adrenaline of a Sunday finish, but I would suggest that you be aware of your pace of play, slow down and not get “fast-walked” out of tournament wins!

    Sincerely,

    Jeff Snyder

    ReplyDelete