Tuesday, June 1, 2010

One Sweet Scenario



Check out this sweet scenario:

My family (mom, dad, brother, and sister-in-law) flew up to Denver this morning with me and it's the first time we are all together at a professional golf event. What's even better is that I'm getting to play in a professional golf tournament with my brother as my partner!!! How many professional athletes get to say that they've played in a professional competition with their sibling as their teammate? Not many. I'm blessed!

My brother is one of the main reasons why I even play this game. He is and has always been the much better golfer and someone I strive to beat every time we tee it up. Golf is one of our best talents and you can truly say that it is God-given. Some of our family members play(ed) golf and love the game but the both of us have worked hard to get to the level of play we are at. Adam has never seen me play in a professional tournament so this is a special week for all of us. It would be great for us to come away with the cardboard check Friday. Friday's results are already destined so all we can do is give it our all and have fun!



We are playing in the Colorado Women's Open in Denver, CO at Green Valley Ranch. We had our first and only practice round this morning with my college teammates Kelly Jacques and Ellen Mueller. My dad walked around with us trying to find wildlife...his favorite thing to do. He got me excited because he said there was a bobcat and I quietly walked down the cart path to see a dang calico cat going through the weeds. He got sleepy and kept losing us when he fell asleep on tee box benches. We could never keep track of him. Adam and I are lugging our bags around this tournament so we were worn out after the round. We had a nice, senior citizen (5:00pm) mexican dinner and were back at the hotel at a early time tonight.


Hopefully this year's results will be one place better!

Adam and I tee off at 12:20pm tomorrow for the first round and play with one other girl. Hopefully she won't feel like the third wheel in our group. They have the course set up for 6,325 yards so with the elevation as it is, we should have some good opportunities at birdie. I've been putting on greens that have been rolling about a 7 and these greens in Denver are creeping up to 12 on the Stimpmeter. We better be aware of where we are! I'm hitting the ball so dang far up here so that's another thing I have to be aware of. I'm planning on hitting a lot of fairway woods and hybrids off the tee this week. Last year I was a little more aggressive but ended up getting 2nd individually and 2nd as a pro-am team which seemed to work out alright. I feel like I've gotten a lot better since last year's Open and a lot more wiser and feel that I can score even better this year. I'm really excited and know that if I enjoy my time out on the course, good golf will come. Hope everyone has a great first week of June! Crazy how fast the time flies!!!

They might have live scoring found here: Live Scoring

No comments:

Post a Comment