Monday, September 28, 2009

Call us the Gypsies

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been so long since I've last updated. We are down here in Venice, FL for the LPGA Sectional Qualifier. I was in Palm Springs last week for the first sectional and unfortunately did not make the top 30 so that is why I'm down here this week, getting a second chance to make it to the final stage in December. Since I missed the cut in California, my parents and I drove back to San Diego for the weekend to stay with my aunt and uncle. It was a nice and relaxing weekend, full of home cooked meals which were amazing. The LPGA was playing at Torrey Pines so I called up my friend Petra who I met in Hawaii last year and happens to caddie at Torrey and she hooked us up with some free passes. It was pretty neat to get up close to those girls and see them play. The sad thing was, the crowds were awful. Something needs to happen fast before the LPGA disappears for good...can Tiger help some girls out??

We came home for two days and I was able to have a birthday dinner with my three best friends and another birthday dinner for my brother and our families. I had a great time with them at night but worked hard during the two days with my head pro Brent Cryer. That guy may struggle with his own game on certain days but I'm so lucky to have him help my game. A lot of credit goes to him because he works hard to help me improve my game.


My best girl friends out for Whitney's birthday dinner.


Adam was happy with the golf shoes I bought him.


Crazy Lily! She put a hole in my face two seconds after this picture was taken.

My mom and I flew out last Thursday morning to Tampa and drove down in a storm to Venice, FL. We are pretty adventurous for two girls so we found a restaurant called Sharky's on the Pier and had dinner there. It was in the middle of nowhere but on the ocean so the scenery was great. And I can't forget to mention that watching drunk old people dance is probably the best free entertainment you can get. Since Friday, I've been playing practice rounds and sweating gallons and gallons. Palm Springs was hot but this place is like a hot shower. It's rained everyday and the course can't take much more. I have a feeling that in the morning it will be lift, clean, and place.

I've gotten to play some rounds with my good friend Sydney from Edmond so we have had fun with that. Friday's round was the first time I've ever been scared on a golf course. We were on a teebox and look 50 yards down the fairway and saw a Bobcat running! What a coincidence that the course name was called...The Bobcat!!! I held on to my 5 iron the entire hole and got to the next one to see a huge alligator in the water! I promise you I will have a dream about sharks or alligators by the time I leave this place. The courses are alright and there's only 113 girls this week so good things are bound to happen. I was planning on having a caddie this week but it didn't work out so I'm doing this all on my own. I think it will be good because I will have no distractions and can take 100% responsibility for my game plan.

My dad is flying in tonight so my mom and I are driving back up to Tampa to get him. I don't think he has a clue how hot it is going to be. He's been used to the 75 degree OKC weather. I am paired up to play with my friend from Pasadena for the next two days so we should have a good time. There's a cut after Wednesday and then two more rounds are played. We will drive down to Ft. Lauderdale Friday night and get rested for the big ABC Saturday night game with OU and Miami. I'm not putting money on the game but I have good feelings for us and hopefully Sammy B can get back out there and play! I hope everyone is having a great week and adjusting to the fall season. Until next time...fairways and greens!

What I'm Reading: Play to Play Great by Dr. Bob Rotella and True Believer by Nicholas Sparks
What I'm listening to: Miley Cyrus....it's true. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment