Thursday, October 1, 2009

Swine Flu in the Swamp

Welp, I think I'm officially getting sick. I started feeling like dog doo yesterday on the course. I almost ralphed on 16 green yesterday but held it in thankfully. Not sure what my problem is but I'm not eating much so that's great news! I am thinking it's swine flu because I've had bacon every morning for breakfast. Ha just kidding! I just finished up my third round today. I made the cut last night which was great news. I started off the tournament with a 77 and followed it up with a 73 yesterday. I played pretty steady today...at least it felt like it. I only hit 9 greens which is not a good stat at all but I shot one under so I guess I loved my wedge and putter today. People that know me would be shocked to hear that statement out of me.

I read Play to Play Great by Dr. Rotella this past weekend and I highly recommend it to every golfer. It has some great things in there and I've taken it to the course. It's not an overnight change but by putting his ideas into practice really makes golf a lot more soothing and enjoyable. I hit some nasty shots out there today and afterwards my parents thought that I was losing focus. I think it was because I didn't react in a negative way to the bad shots. One thing Dr. Rotella said was you have to understand that you are imperfect and are bound to make mistakes. I am trying to forgive myself quickly for my shortcomings and understand that those things are going to happen. There is never going to be a perfect round of golf so in order for me to improve, I have to be the best caddie I can be for myself. Like I said in my earlier post I got rid of my caddie this past weekend and I'm thinking that might have been a good move because I've been really focused and I have no outside advice. I kind of like that. At first I was a little leery of how this week might go but people kept telling me, "you've played plenty of tournaments without a caddie and won so don't be so dependable on a caddie." I just had such a great experience in Palm Springs with my caddie so I guess I found out this week that I can play with or without one!

My dad has been with us for the past four days now and he has added more entertainment to the group. My parents are troopers for watching me play tournament after tournament. I sure hope I have as much patience with my kids as they do with me. I think they are enjoying their time down here but we are all ready to get back home and see our dog Penny and the rest of our family and friends. I feel like we have been gone for a month, which we have!

We are taking my dad to Sharky's tonight to eat seafood on the beach. We have been going to the beach everyday and getting seashells. Yesterday my dad and I got in the water and it felt great! One more day of being in Venice and then we are heading east through Alligator Ally to Miami and resting up for the big game Saturday night. I just learned that Sam won't be playing which might be a smart move. I've got all the faith in Landry, it's the big boys blocking for him that worry me.

All of my aches and pains are holding up so far, I just need 18 more good holes and then I can take it easy for a few days. I moved up a billion places in the last two days and am only one shot back of top 30. I love coming from behind so this should be a fun day tomorrow. I'm curious to know what's wrong with my ankle so I will go down to OU next week and have a little visit with the trainer. Back in the day when I was ballin' for the YMCA, I told my dad (who was the coach) that my foot was really hurting and I needed to see what was wrong with it during a timeout. He told me "not now Kendall! Wait 'til halftime you gotta go play." So I was an obedient child and went back out and played. At half time I took my shoe off and there was blood everywhere. Somehow I got a staple in my shoe or sock and it was lodged in my foot. To this day, my dad has not forgiven himself. It's hilarious to all of us now but danget I will play through pain!

Well, we are leaving Panera and heading back to the range to figure out this dang swing of mine. Hope everyone had a great week! Be sure to tune in to ABC and look for us at the game! Boomer Sooner!

What I'm Listening To: I warmed up to the dirtiest song ever, praying no one could hear my music but I'll admit to you all what it was...."Every Girl" by Lil' Wayne. I'm pretty sure the next song on shuffle was a nice Christian song.

What I'm Reading: No energy to read this week...recommend The Last Song by Nic Sparks...it's my fav!


Teeshot in round 2


My parents at the beach

My gallery...Randi was a little too close to the gators...hope she made it out alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment