Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hey Hey From Our Nation’s Capital

Welp, Mama Dye and I have found our way to Bethesda, Maryland this week. We flew into D.C. yesterday and were welcomed with some wintery temps. I played a practice round by my lonesome yesterday (which I secretly love to do) and jammed out with a little with Michael Jackson. Girls were looking at me like I was smoking crack. Some people take state opens a little too serious. My mom and I drove around and around until I took control and said we are going downtown for dinner! We got some grub and she was a happy girl because she got her ice cream fix for the day. You know, that lady has an addictive behavior. It used to be Sonic Diet Cokes but now that the doctor said no more for you, she turns to ice cream like it’s going out of style. I started doing P90X this past week and these ice cream trips have got to stop! By the way, I officially completed my first full week of P90, only 13 weeks left. Holy moly. People laugh, but you know if I’m going to be on Tour next year, I don’t want to get embarrassed by Wie Wie. This 5’4 frame has got to hold her own.


My high school friend Rosie and my Aunt Cathy

#17 Par 3 at Bethesda Country Club

#9 Par 3 at Bethesda Country Club


#2 Par 3 at Bethesda Country Club
I had my first round of the Maryland Womens Open today. I had a late tee time, which I love, so I slept in and woke to the sound of the deliveryman with my hot breakfast. I promise you, my life sucks. ☺ My longtime friend/high school teammate Rosie, came to watch me for the first 9 and I felt as if I was playing sloppy. I decided to get even sloppier when I made the turn. I actually felt a little anger flare up but I decided that’s no way to be out on a golf course so I decided to go birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie, lip out birdie putt and made par. The birdies were more exciting for the gallery than for me because I just wanted to erase all my nastiness that I had done earlier. I shot 75 and I’m 4 shots back of the leader. My crazy Aunt who also came to watch told me tonight at dinner that I have to make 18 birdies tomorrow, but to not put too much pressure on myself. Ha! Easier said than done but she predicted my birdie string today so we will see if she’s right again. I’m off to bed but will check back in tomorrow when we make our journey over to Winchester, Virginia to see my grandma, aunts, uncles, and cousins. So excited to see them!


What I’m Reading: Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
What I’m Listening To: Michael Buble, Crazy Love Album

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kendall,
    Sorry I couldn't make it to Bethesda. It's very nice to track your travels and success. Hopefully you'll be back here to play locally next year and I can join the gallery!

    Good luck - we're pulling for you.
    Gerald

    ReplyDelete