Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My bad...

Hey everybody,

I’ve been meaning to write but it has taken me a while because I have been a busy little girl. Now that I am on the road again, I have time to update!

A quick little refresher of the past 2 weeks (this is more for my own self because I have the memory of a 90 year old thanks to a large consumption of Diet Coke the last 22 years):

My parents and I went the OU-Miami game and sat with the player’s families. I’m pretty sure everyone knows the outcome of that game so we will just leave it at that. Flew back home to OKC to some freezing cold temps. I completely missed the transition of seasons and my sun burned skin wasn’t prepared for goose bumps and under armor. I took off a whole week because I was slightly tired of golf, okay, realllllly tired of golf. Heck, I played for 3 straight weeks without a day off, my muscles and bones were aching.

I spent some time with my brother and sister-in-law, with friends, and catching up on some sleep. I was able to go down to Norman a few times and see the team and hang out with them at the OU-Baylor game. I sure do miss being down there and I really miss the convenience on game days…driving down from the city on a game day is no fun at all!



I’ve been having some problems with my left hand so I talked to a few OU trainers and it looks like I have a ganglion cyst underneath my left pinky finger. I told them I was just going to take a needle to it because it’s pretty painful but they freaked and said NO! …I was only kidding but I want to do something to it so it’ll go away, any suggestions?

Anywho, I was able to run/walk in a 5k marathon for Race for the Cure. I wasn’t exactly excited about paying money to wake up at the butt crack of dawn on a Saturday morning to run that many miles in freezing cold temps but once I got there and saw how many people had shown up, I decided I was where I needed to be. I was with my best friend Whitney for the whole 3.1 miles and we had a blast! I am now going to look into doing more 5k runs and see if I can actually run the whole thing and do it in a respectable time.



I played in a fun 4-man scramble with my long time friend Reece and I played from the ladies tees. I probably wasn’t supposed to play in it, especially from those tees but I had taken a full week off so I was rusty! Reecey and I went on to the Thunder game and sat with some friends and saw Taylor Griffin and the Phoenix Suns play. It was a really fun day and I was able to catch up with some of my favorite people. I saw Couples Retreat with Mindy (waste of money) and Law Abiding Citizen with Cung (I recommend!) and spent the rest of the week practicing and playing at my club and down in Norman.

I decided to watch the OU-Texas game at home even though we had a flight out of DFW at 8am Sunday morning. I’m kind of glad we chose to do that because now I know that I’m not the reason why OU loses on the road. I just found out that we aren’t even ranked in the top 25 and I’m not sure what to think about that. All I want is for Sam to get healthy, maybe get that surgery so he can swing a golf club again and move on to the big leagues. People are always going to remember him as a Heisman winner, one of the best quarterbacks college football has ever seen, and more importantly a stand up guy who is going to be successful no matter how his NFL career goes. Okay this post is getting way too long. As Al Eschbach would say seeeee yaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment