Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Field Trip to Ping!


Ping man!

Hey everyone-

I hope to make this short and sweet because I’m exhausted. Round 2 was today and I got off to a decent start with a bird but followed it right up with a bogey. It was that type of day. Birdie bogey birdie bogey. I didn’t hit as many greens today and didn’t make putts that I felt I should have. The most exciting moment I had today was when I looked at an 8 foot eagle putt. Don’t worry, I didn’t make it but the opportunity was pretty sweet.


Pretty par 3

I ended up shooting 71 so I’m two back of the lead. I’m in the second to last group so I’m pretty comfortable in that position because if I can remember right (which probably isn’t right) all of my college victories were when I came from behind. I like a good challenge and there’s not a whole lot of pressure on me. It should be a fun day! Oh yea and another positive…I think it’s going to rain tomorrow!!! It should hopefully play into my favor.

As soon as I got done signing my scorecard this afternoon, Mama Dye and I bolted over to the Ping facility to tinker with my irons and figure out what I need to be playing for the remainder of the year. I pounded many more balls and was able to meet some really nice people. Bill Iseri saved the day, saved my trip, and saved me some money. He stayed late and went over and beyond on helping me out with fitting me and showing me around. They really had no appointments open for me this week and I was going to pay $400 to stay later to get fitted. Thankfully, he’s a super nice guy and told me to come on after my round. Turns out, my irons were one and a half degrees too upright so no wonder I was skanking my iron shots around the past few months. I’m pretty positive I’m turning my bag into 90% Ping. I will still hold on to my Vokeys just because I feel comfortable with them. I’m sure that if I tried Ping’s wedges I’d love them but since I have Vokeys coming to my house, I better stick with them. It's pretty crazy what they have at the facility. I could go on and on about it but I do know that if I ever become rich, my wish would be to have a bay that opens out on a range and have a mat of real grass instead of astroturf. I think that's what impressed me the most about the place today. Hitting off of grass, out onto the range, yet I was indoors. Anywho, Ping was sick and I loved it!


Hitting the i15s on Ping's range...I recommend these clubs!!!


Pretty new putter...same as old except black finish with a red dot even though it's supposed to be orange...I don't do orange.


Testing out the new putter


Add us to the list of girls who have touched Tiger's putter...


White gloves please!

Mama Dye and I drove across town to Scottsdale to meet my old teammate/roommate Kelly Jacques for dinner at a really tasty place called Banderas. I was in a ball cap and the front door said no hats in the dining room. Whoops. I always say my money is just as good as the person in their prom dress so they didn’t bother me. They could tell when I walked in I was starving. They would be sorry if they missed with me and my empty stomach. We couldn’t even finish our appetizer before our entrée was there. That’s how you’re supposed to run a restaurant!

Well, tomorrow is my last full day in Phoenix. I’m pretty sad about it but am already planning my next trip out here…possibly in three weeks! I’m off to bed to dream of birdies! Take care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment