Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sunshine!

I love a good sunburn in the middle of February! Makes me feel like I’m still playing college golf, going to Puerto Rico while everyone else is back in the freezing cold. I hope the tan stays for a while!

I decided to come back to the desert…thanks to my sponsors for giving me a free flight. It was too hard to pass up. I’m staying with my friends Tara and Michaela once again so it should be a cheap week!

Round one was today at the Duke Golf Club in Maricopa. I knew the course because I played it a couple of weeks ago in a two-man event. I guess my clubs forgot what they knew because they didn’t treat me well at all today.


Par 3 at the Duke

I got off to a great start, two under through the first three holes and thought that if I stayed patient, I could take it low once again. I found my first bogey on 8 and things got pretty dark from there on. My bogeys were from 125, 135, 65, and 40 yards out from the fairway. My putter was ice cold and my short irons were hatin’ on me. I shot 3 over, 74 and am near the bottom of the totem pole. I can take some positives from the round I guess. I had some ridiculous up and downs, hit the driver long and straight. If I can get a few things to go my way, I should have two fun rounds ahead of me. Another positive is if it doesn’t go my way, I can blame it on the equipment (ha!) and will be looking forward to all of the new clubs I picked out at Ping yesterday. It’s my new heaven on Earth. The guys at Ping treat you like royalty and go over and beyond with getting you the equipment you need. I’m expecting 21 new clubs in the next few weeks. I know I can only play with 14 clubs but a girl has got to have options!


Ping

You can find results and information on the tournament at thecactustour.com. Hopefully I can fight and claw my way back up the leader board and give it a shot to win on Thursday. Have a great week everybody!

What I’m Reading: Cure for the Common Life by Max Lucado
What I’m Listening To: Lady Antebellum

No comments:

Post a Comment