Friday, February 19, 2010

Sun + Golf + Hike + Friends = Happiness


I made it to the top of Camelback Mountain!!!

It’s been a while since I last updated the good ol’ blog. I apologize! We have been a busy bunch of girls these past couple of days. I finally have a few seconds to sit down and record what the past few days have been all about.

I came down to the desert for one main purpose: a golf tournament. Unfortunately I didn’t bring my golf game. I shot 74-72-70. Not what I was expecting or hoping for but there are some promising things to this. Those scores don’t look too awful to the average golfer and a year ago I would have taken those scores for a decent round but I’ve learned a lot in the past year and have grown a lot in this head of mine and know that I’m capable of shooting even better scores for a poor day of golf. I know that I will shoot higher scores than this in tournaments in the future but that’s just the nature of the game. Looking at the big picture, I haven’t spent hardly anytime practicing in the past two months but I still felt as though I was prepared to play better than what I shot. The last round was going pretty well, bogey free until I reached the 17th green and three putted. That put a damper on things and went on to the 18th and put my second shot in the water and made another bogey. Grr! Nerves weren’t the issue, it was all mechanical but my goodness, the ending could have been a little brighter and better!


Me, Kendra, Michaela, and Ashley after our round at the Duke

After the awards were given out a bunch of us went out for happy hour drinks and sushi. It was a nice night out in downtown Tempe but I was exhausted and was in bed by 9pm!

We woke up early this morning and headed over to Camelback Mountain. I’ll admit, I haven’t worked out consistently since the fall but I thought I would be able to handle hiking a lot better than I did. It was one of the hardest things I’ve done in a long while but thankfully I had sweet friends to stop with me and take pictures along the way up. The view from the top was amazing, overlooking all of Phoenix. We made our way back down and had a ball. We were entertaining the whole mountain with stories from Kendra, Kelly, and I. Tara and Michaela were speed demons and were anxiously waiting for us at the bottom.


Michaela acting crazy!


Michaela, Kendra, and I on Camelback Mountain


The group at the top!

We had to race to Chandler, AZ to make it to an Isagenix tour. It’s a newer company that is promoting healthy bars, shakes, cleanses and we were there to see how they make it and visit with the VP of the company. We came in with sweat and dirt all over us and in our hiking clothes. Others in our tour group were dressed up and looking at us up and down. Tara, Michaela, and I felt quite uncomfortable but giggled throughout the whole tour because it was a tour of the actual company. During the hour, we looked at offices and cubicles. Who in the world cares about that?!?! We wanted free healthy food and drinks! So we quickly left and thankfully picked up some Wendy’s so I wouldn’t die and had a picnic out by the pool at the condo. I spent the afternoon laying out instead of practicing because I was worthless from the climb this morning.


We are going out tonight for Kendra’s 24th birthday. There should be a big group of us (all golfers) so it should be a lot of fun. I hear there’s a mechanical bull at one of the bars but I’m wearing a dress so I unfortunately won’t be doing that!

I had a slight change of plans in my trip. I had a direct flight back to OKC tomorrow (Saturday) but two days ago got a call from one of the assistant pros at Jimmie Austin OU Golf Club in need of a “celebrity Sooner” to play in the Sooners in the Desert in Palm Desert, California. He had to twist my arm, beg, and plead for me to make the short drive over there to hang and play golf with Bob Stoops, Toby Keith, and other great OU donors. So that’s where I’ll be heading in the morning, straight west on i-10 to the awful town of Palm Springs, California. Ha! I love that place, it’s golfers’ heaven! We will be playing at Indian Wells Resort and from I hear, it’s gorgeous. There will be a couple of dinners so I’ll make sure to take some pictures! I’ll be back to the cold of OKC on Tuesday night. Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment