Monday, January 11, 2010

Back in Action

Hey guys!

I hope everyone had a great holiday. I sure did! I enjoyed my time off but I'm afraid it was a little too long. I wasn't expecting a 14 inch blizzard that we got on Christmas Eve in Oklahoma. I've never experienced something like that but I have to admit, I had a blast in it with my jeep. I was plowing through the neighborhood streets with the biggest smile on my face. The below freezing temps did not allow me to play or practice other than hitting balls into a screen at the local Golf USA store.

Yesterday, I headed down to Orlando by my lonesome to play in my first tournament of the year. Houston was my layover and a quick one it was. I had time to run to a store to buy some Chex Mix for lunch and I saw Ryan and Ashleigh (the married couple) from So You Think You Can Dance. I was excited to see some famous people but they looked completely different in person. Once I got on the plane, I found my exit row seat next to the Stanford football team. They were curious as to why my 5'4 body got an exit row seat but I just told them I know how to work the system. I also told them I played for OU as soon as I sat down so we could talk about football. I was in disguise in my normal clothes so they didn't believe I played golf for a living. That made the flight much better considering we sat at the gate for over an hour because our left engine didn't want to work. We were all relieved to land in Orlando but once I reached baggage claim, I found out that my clubs arrived but my clothes didn't. It wasn't the first time it's happened to me so I figured I'd see my bag later that night. I was wrong...

I'm staying with my friend Phillip this week who is living down here playing on the Hooters Tour. Thankfully he drove me back to the airport this morning and there it was! My bag! I felt complete once I got it in my possession. Apparently the plane it was coming on from Houston was diverted to New Orleans. ...Another Nigerian with a bomb? Maybe. But I'm thankful my bag was unharmed.

Phil and I played at a course today called North Shore. It's located across the street from Lake Nona where Annika Sorenstam lives. We didn't see her but I did get to play 18 holes for the first time in a month. Now the problem is, the North Shore isn't where I'm playing my tournament so that means this will be the first time since high school that I'll play a tournament round without seeing the course. It's a Suncoast Tour event which is played in the Orlando area and apparently this is the only tournament where the host course is closed the day before the event. I've never heard of that before and found out after my flight was booked so thankfully Phil has played the course so I'll have a great caddy for the next three days!

I'm going to finish watching this awful Bedlam basketball game and then head to bed. I hope everyone is finding warmer temperatures and looking forward to Spring. I sure am!

What I'm Reading: Real Life and Liars by Kristina Riggle
What I'm Listening To: Alicia Keys "The Element of Freedom"

No comments:

Post a Comment