Thursday, January 28, 2010

Confession

I have a confession but first let me tell you all how our second and final round of the Guys and Dolls tournament finished up. Today's format was a straight up two man scramble. The only stipulation was that we had to use each person's tee shot 6 times. We were paired up with the veteran LPGA Tour player Wendy Ward and her husband so that was really neat. They were both very nice and she hooked me up with her chiropractor who I saw immediately after the round. Michaela and I ended up shooting 7 under today, 12 under for the tournament. We aren't quite sure where we finished up but we know we didn't get in the money because the girls who brought guys for partners were able to reach par 5s in two and had much shorter irons into greens. It sounds like an excuse but we learned that if we play in it next year, we will both be bringing guys for partners. I did have a lot of fun and we both made a lot of long putts so that built confidence for going into next week's individual tournament.

I dropped Michaela off at the Y to work out and I drove her car to north Scottsdale to find the chiropractor. I kind of enjoyed cruising around a new town by myself, not 100% sure where I was going. The doctor did some tests on me and when he pushed down on top of my head, that's when I yelled "Aghhhhh Kelly Clarkson!" Just kidding, but he did some stem therapy, heat, and of course some popping that I was dying for. I had offered to fly my OU trainer down here just to crack my neck. I was kidding then also but I love it when I get cracked. Anywho, the good news is I'm 40% healed and I am allowed to sleep with a pillow tonight! Last night without one wasn't so fun. I had a little bit of time to kill before the girls were done working out so I found out that the TPC of Scottsdale was just minutes from where I was so I went to go see it for myself. I couldn't get close enough but I did manage to snap a picture of the entrance before the light changed.



I have noticed that people in Phoenix call their highways "the 101," "the 202," "the 60" instead of how Okies say "on up 35" or "down across 44." You people know what I'm talking about. Anyways, I took the 101 down to the condo all by myself and I must say that I'm proud of myself because Phoenix has a little traffic, I'm slightly accident prone in cars that aren't mine, and I had less than 20% of battery in my phone and that was the only thing I could rely on to get back to the place. I was early so I was going to start dinner until I realized I didn't have both keys to the two doors so I was locked out until the girls got back about 20-30 minutes later.

So I know everyone's been wondering about my confession. Well, here it is:
I don't get nervous about too many things but when I step into a kitchen, more so a kitchen that isn't mine, I get slightly paranoid. I'm not comfortable in a kitchen, with hot things cooking and with me being in charge. I would like to think it's my moms fault since she never let me cook growing up. I had to fend for myself when I went to college but Kelly can tell you that I burnt many cook tops and sucked it up big time in our kitchen. I'm not a bad cook when I make things but the meals I know how to cook are ones that 8 year olds can make. I can manage to screw up the easiest meals. For example, tonight, I turned the stove on to level 7 for the spaghetti sauce. Why? I don't freaking know!!!! Once we put a tiny bit of spaghetti sauce in the pan it was scalding so Michaela grabbed too much of the handle and burnt the side of her right index finger...kind of a major component in a golf swing. Great. Then we later decide to toast more garlic bread because we, well I, wasn't paying attention to the time and the first batch got "crusty crust" as GloZell would say....look her up on YouTube if you don't know what I'm talking about. So as I'm pouring the frozen bread on the hot pan that Tara is holding I let the bag hit the pan, causing the plastic to melt on the pan. She lowers the pan quickly as the bread goes flying mid air. I think to save it with my Nikes and say two choice words as I'm doing so. I kick the pieces in the air and it lands on the floor for less than 5 seconds...they are saved! We had to use a new pan to cook the remaining pieces and then enjoyed a simple spaghetti dinner. I later noticed that I bought multigrain high fiber spaghetti. Wonderful. Just what I don't need!!! I'm a Dye, I don't need fiber.

So there you have it, my weakness is cooking without making a major mess in a kitchen. My biggest fear about getting married and having a family is thinking of what to have for dinner and preparing it for them every single night. People tell me it's easy but honestly, right now, I enjoy my personal chef...Mama Dye. People talk about how Oprah and Kevin Durant have personal chefs as if that's something that is hard to come by unless you're wealthy. Psh, that ain't nothing. I've got one.

Tomorrow is a day of errands, practice, sunshine, happy hour sushi and perhaps a bull ride to end the night. Who knows, it might get a little crazy out here in Scottsdale! Have a great weekend everybody and stay safe out there in the snow and ice. Say a prayer if you guys have time for my mom to make it out here safe on Saturday. I need someone to do my laundry because my clean clothes are coming to an end!!! Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment