Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Guys and Dolls...Dolls and Dolls

Today was the first round of the Cactus Tour's first event of 2010 called Guys and Dolls. We changed the name to Dolls and Dolls because we were one of two groups with two girls. We had the choice of having a guy as a partner or having another girl and I thought it would be fun to play with my friend from Oklahoma who lives in Scottsdale now, Michaela Cavener.

Today's format was modified chapman which means we both hit our tee shots, then we hit each other's second shot, and then choose the better of the two and play alternate shot from there on in. We had to think about what we were doing for the first couple of holes because neither one of us had played that format before but we got the hang of it and started making some birdies. The tournament was played on the back nine for 18 holes because the front nine was washed out from their big thunderstorms last week. The desert can't handle all of that rain. Michaela and I had a brain fart on a par 3 and made a bogey but other than that, we played well. It was fun making long and short putts for birdie today. We ended up -5 and thought that would put us right in the mix of things. We came in and found out that -10 is the leader but we still have a tiny chance of making up a little ground. Some of the girls brought in guys with PGA, Nationwide and other Tour status so they have a slight advantage on us. Tomorrow is going to be a birdie fest for everyone so we need to make sure that we don't lose ground.

I've been having a slight to major problem with my neck while I've been down here. I woke up yesterday before our practice round and heard and felt a loud crack in my neck. I wasn't able to really turn it to the right or look in some directions without feeling a major crick in my neck. I got an hour massage yesterday, have taken tons of medicine, used ice, got a new pillow, hot showers, and nothing seems to work. It's the pain you have that you want to throw up. I'm not swinging 100% and I sometimes am losing shots to the left because of the torque in my neck but I'm playing through it. I sure would rather my bum ankle hurt than this!

I've gotten to see my college teammate and roommate Kelly Jacques for dinner and hopefully again in the coming days. I think we are planning to go to Ping's facility to pick up some putters and play Greyhawk this weekend. We have another tournament next Monday through Wednesday so we'll play a practice round at the Legacy on Saturday morning. My mom's flight is scheduled to come in on Saturday afternoon but with the supposed winter storm coming to OKC, who knows if she'll make it. I hope she does because I need someone to do my laundry. Haha juuusstt kidding, sort of. I hope everyone is having a great week. I'm having a great time down here and enjoying a little bit of sunshine and calm winds. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment